This article is part of our NFL Observations series.
That game went about as well as humanly possible for me. For starters, we probably would have had the 49ers for our Circa Survivor pool (we had only the Titans and 49ers left for the obligatory Christmas slate), so it takes the sting out of the Cardinals loss last week a little bit. But I also had the Titans +3.5 ATS, and the only two players I had going in that game were Deebo Samuel and A.J. Brown. (I also had Nick Bosa -- three tackles, no sacks -- in an IDP league, the only thing keeping it from being perfect.)
- Mike Vrabel should give Bill Belichick a nice run for Coach of the Year. The Titans looked terrible in the first half, getting sacked and committing penalties on almost every first down, but they are never deterred.
- Ryan Tannehill also had a great game, making big throws on obvious passing downs and scrambling for 23 yards to set up the game-winning field goal.
- A.J. Brown (16-11-145-1) is all the way back. What a monster. Julio Jones (1-1-7-0) not so much.
- Jimmy Garoppolo gave away that game. He threw a bad pick in the end zone in the first half and another terrible one in the second to turn things around.
- Deebo Samuel (5-32-0, 11-9-159-0) is also a monster. He catches everything thrown his way and never goes down easily. Garoppolo is having a good statistical year, but so would any quarterback with Trent Williams and those targets.