This article is part of our 30 Days, 30 Teams, 30 Facts series.
With the NBA on hiatus for at least 30 days, I'll be coping by posting an article every day with 30 random/interesting facts from each of the 30 teams. Hopefully, the season will resume when I hit publish on the Wizards' article.
Stats are mostly from Cleaning the Glass, but also RotoWire, NBA.com and Basketball-Reference.
- Luka Doncic scores 81% of his baskets unassisted, which ranks in the 100th percentile for wing players.
- Luka Doncic is 234-of-322 (73%) at the rim, which is efficient enough to rank in the 94th percentile for wings.
- Both Luka Doncic and Dwight Powell are in the 90th-plus percentile for drawing shooting fouls. Doncic gets hacked on 16.8% of his attempts, while Powell is fouled on 19.3% of his attempts. Doncic also draws a non-shooting foul on 4.0% of team plays, which ranks in the 100th percentile for his position.
- Seth Curry's 132.0 points per 100 shot attempts is in the 98th percentile for combo guards. Impressively, that comes with only 37 made shots at the rim. He shoots 46% from three and 59% from the long mid-range.
- Dwight Powell's 136.5 points per 100 shot attempts is in the 93rd percentile for bigs.
- Justin Jackson averages only 0.5 turnovers per 36 minutes.
- Justin Jackson is only 7-of-32 (22%) from the corner, ranking in the fourth percentile for forwards.
- Justin Jackson has the worst net rating (-8.5) on Dallas of anyone who has seen 800-plus minutes.
- Maxi Kleber scores only 9% of his baskets unassisted, which ranks in the fifth percentile for bigs.
- The Mavericks score 17.7 fewer points per 100 transition possessions with Maxi Kleber on the court -- a difference that ranks in the sixth percentile.
- Delon Wright takes 47% of his shots at the rim, which is in the 90th percentile for combo guards.
- Delon Wright's steal percentage of 2.6 is ninth in the league -- his second straight season at that rank.
- Delon Wright and Dorian Finney-Smith both rank in the 95th-plus percentile in offensive rebounding rate off field goals for their respective positions. Wright grabs 4.6% and Finney-Smith grabs 6.6%.
- Boban Marjanovic grabs 17.8% of available offensive rebounds off field goals -- the 100th percentile for bigs.
- Opposing teams take 7.9% fewer shots at the rim with Boban Marjanovic on the court -- a difference that ranks in the 99th percentile.
- Of all Mavericks players, Tim Hardaway has the best net rating (+8.7).
- Opposing teams shoot 4.4% fewer of their shots at the rim with Kristaps Porzingis on the court -- the difference ranks in the 95th percentile. They also shoot 4.7% worse at the basket, which ranks in the 89th percentile.
- Of all lineups that have seen 100+ possessions on the court together for Dallas, the best has a +35.8 net rating. It contains Tim Hardaway, Luka Doncic, Dorian Finney-Smith, Maxi Kleber and Dwight Powell. The worst lineup is -14.8 and replaces Powell with Kristaps Porzingis.
- One of the Mavericks' lineups is in the 100th percentile in terms of halfcourt defense, allowing only 66.7 points per 100 halfcourt plays. It contains Jalen Brunson, Tim Hardaway, Dorian Finney-Smith, Kristaps Porzingis and Dwight Powell.
- Dallas has played 79 possessions of small-ball -- no Boban Marjanovic, Dwight Powell, Kristaps Porzingis, Maxi Kleber, Willie Cauley-Stein -- for a -26.3 net rating.
- Kristaps Porzingis and Boban Marjanovic have shared the court for 43 possessions, with the Mavericks having a +9.3 net rating in those minutes.
- Small-leaning lineups, with Luka Doncic at power forward, have a +16.9 net rating in 45 possessions.
- Dallas has the best offense in the NBA, scoring 116.7 points per 100 possessions.
- Dallas' +2.6 spread differential is the second best in the NBA.
- Against top-10 point differential teams on the road, Dallas has the fourth-best net rating (-0.5), best offense (114.4) and third-best spread differential (+4.2).
- The Mavericks have the fourth-best net rating (+6.6) since the All-Star break.
- Dallas forces the second-fewest turnovers in the league -- on just 12.2% of opponents' possessions. However, Dallas also commits the second-fewest turnovers -- on just 12.8% of team possessions.
- The Mavs' shot frequency at the rim (30.6%) is the second lowest in the league. However, Dallas has the second-highest conversion rate (67.8%) from that distance.
- Dallas allows the fifth-fewest corner threes in the league (7.0%).
- Opponents shoot just 34.8% from three against Dallas, the fifth-lowest mark in the NBA.