This article is part of our 30 Days, 30 Teams, 30 Facts series.
With the NBA on hiatus for at least 30 days, I'll be coping by posting an article every day with 30 random/interesting facts from each of the 30 teams. Hopefully, the season will resume when I hit publish on the Wizards' article.
Los Angeles Clippers
Stats are mostly from Cleaning the Glass, but also RotoWire, NBA.com and Basketball-Reference.
- Kawhi Leonard is the fourth-ranked fantasy player on a per-game basis in eight-category leagues.
- 51% of Kawhi Leonard's shot attempts come from the mid-range -- the 99th percentile for forwards.
- Kawhi Leonard only has 18 corner three attempts this season. However, he's made 10 for 56%.
- The Clippers have four players in the 90th+ percentile in usage rate for their respective positions: Kawhi Leonard (34.5%), Paul George (30.0%), Lou Williams (30.4%), Montrezl Harrell (22.6%). Meanwhile, Patrick Beverley is in the second percentile (14.4%) and Landry Shamet is in the last percentile (12.5%).
- 45% of Lou Williams' shot attempts come from the mid-range -- the 92nd percentile for combo guards.
- Paul George has made 55% of his corner threes (31-of-56).
- Montrezl Harrell is fouled on 20.3% of his shot attempts -- the 92nd percentile for bigs.
- The Clippers have three players in the 90th+ percentile for their position in terms of drawing non-shooting fouls: Kawhi Leonard (3.8% of team plays), Lou Williams (2.6%), Paul George (2.4%).
- Ivica Zubac leads the NBA in offensive rebound percentage (15.2) and grabs 5.2 offensive boards per 36 minutes.
- Ivica Zubac has the ninth-highest true shooting percentage (64.2) in the NBA.
- Ivica Zubac has the second-highest offensive rating (131.8) in the league.
- Ivica Zubac is fourth in the NBA in win shares per 48 minutes (.231)
- Lou Williams has the lowest point differential (-3.8) on the Clippers of players that have played at least 1,000 minutes and are still on the team.
- Landry Shamet adds the most points per 100 halfcourt plays (+4.3) of anyone on the Clippers.
- With Patrick Beverley on the court, opponents shoot 3.8% more long mid-range jumpers -- the 99th percentile in terms of forcing that shot.
- Patrick Beverley has the sixth-highest defensive box plus/minus (2.5) in the NBA.
- Out of all Clippers lineups that have seen 100+ possessions together, the best is +34.5 and contains Lou Williams, Landry Shamet, Reggie Jackson, JaMychal Green and Montrezl Harrell. The worst is -19.8 and replaces Jackson with Rodney McGruder.
- The Clippers' post-trade-deadline starting five -- Patrick Beverley, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Marcus Morris and Ivica Zubac -- has a +20.0 net rating in 250 possessions.
- The Clippers have a +9.9 net rating with both Paul George and Kawhi Leonard on the court.
- The Clippers have a +5.6 net rating with both Lou Williams and Montrezl Harrell on the court.
- The Clippers have a +15.7 net rating with Lou Williams, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard and Montrezl Harrell on the court.
- The Clippers have a +16.0 net rating with both Reggie Jackson and Marcus Morris on the court in 100 total possessions.
- The Clippers have the fourth-best point differential (+6.3) in the NBA.
- On the road against top-10 point differential teams, LA has the third-best point differential (-0.2).
- Since the All-Star break, the Clippers have the best point differential (+14.8) by 6.4 points. That's a bigger difference than the No. 2 team (Milwaukee) and No. 11 team (Miami). LA also has the third-best spread differential (+4.3) since the break.
- The Clippers make the most free throws per 100 field-goal attempts (23.7).
- LA allows the fourth-most corner threes (28.7%) in the league.
- The Clippers have a top-10 shot defense from every area of the court.
- LA allows the second-fewest points per 100 putback plays (94.8).
- LA allows the fifth-fewest transition plays (14.1%) in the NBA.