This article is part of our 30 Days, 30 Teams, 30 Facts series.
With the NBA on hiatus for at least 30 days, I'll be coping by posting an article every day with 30 random/interesting facts from each of the 30 teams. Hopefully, the season will resume when I hit publish on the Wizards' article.
Stats are mostly from Cleaning the Glass, but also RotoWire, NBA.com and Basketball-Reference.
- Nikola Vucevic is seventh in rebounds per game (11.0).
- Nikola Vucevic has the eighth-lowest turnover percentage (7.3) in the NBA.
- Terrence Ross has the fourth-lowest turnover percentage (6.8) in the NBA.
- Terrence Ross averages just 1.5 assists per 36 minutes.
- Markelle Fultz averages 6.6 assists with just 2.6 turnovers per 36 minutes.
- Terrence Ross takes just 11% of his shot attempts at the rim -- in the ninth percentile for wing players.
- Evan Fournier is 52% (33-of-63) on corner threes -- in the 94th percentile for wing players.
- Michael Carter-Williams is fouled on 15.5% of his shot attempts -- in the 92nd percentile for combo guards.
- Aaron Gordon draws a non-shooting foul on 2.0% of team plays -- in the 91st percentile for forwards.
- Jonathan Isaac averages a combined 4.9 steals-plus-blocks per 36 minutes.
- Mo Bamba averages 3.5 blocks per 36 minutes. He also averages 4.1 offensive rebounds per 36.
- Michael Carter-Williams averages a combined 3.0 steals-plus-blocks per 36 minutes.
- The Magic's leaders in point differential are DJ Augustin (+7.5), Mo Bamba (+6.8), Wes Iwundu (+3.9) and Michael Carter-Williams (+3.8).
- Evan Fournier has the worst point differential (-6.2) on the Magic of anyone that's seen 1,000+ minutes.
- The Magic score an extra 9.1 points per 100 halfcourt plays with Nikola Vucevic on the court -- a difference that ranks in the 96th percentile.
- Opponents take 2.1% more long mid-range jumpers against the Magic with Nikola Vucevic on the court -- a difference that ranks in the 93rd percentile in terms of forcing that shot.
- Opponents score 11.4 fewer points per 100 halfcourt plays with DJ Augustin on the court -- a difference that ranks in the 97th percentile.
- Opponents score 8.6 fewer points per 100 halfcourt plays with Mo Bamba on the court -- a difference that ranks in the 94th percentile. However, opponents grab 9.0% more offensive rebounds with Bamba on the court -- a difference that ranks in the first percentile.
- Out of all Magic lineups that have seen 100+ possessions together, the best is +5.8 and contains Markelle Fultz, Terrence Ross, Evan Fournier, Aaron Gordon and Nikola Vucevic. The worst is -15.1 and contains DJ Augustin, Terrence Ross, Evan Fournier, Al-Farouq Aminu and Mo Bamba.
- Lineups with Jonathan Isaac at center have a -12.0 net rating in 77 possessions.
- After the All-Star break, the Magic have the seventh-best point differential (+4.1), fueled by the NBA's best offense (120.1).
- Orlando has the third-worst effective field-goal percentage (50.3), but commit the fourth-fewest turnovers (12.8%).
- Orlando is the fifth-best defensive rebounding team in the NBA, allowing opponents to grab just 23.7% of available offensive rebounds.
- Orlando has the fourth-worst shot profile (52.5 location eFG%) in the NBA. They shoot the seventh-most mid-rangers (33.5%) and the fewest corner threes (5.2%).
- Orlando is the sixth-worst three-point shooting team (34.8%) in the league.
- Orlando has the fourth-best defensive shot profile (opponent location eFG%: 52.6%) in the NBA. They force the fifth-most long mid-rangers (12.3%).
- The Magic allow the third-best accuracy from the corner (42.2%).
- On a per-game basis, Jonathan Isaac is the Magic's best fantasy player. He's ranked 34th in eight-category leagues -- one spot ahead of Nikola Vucevic.
- On a per-game basis, Markelle Fultz is just five ranks behind Aaron Gordon in eight-category fantasy leagues. Fultz is 125 and Gordon is 120.
- From Feb. 1 onward, Aaron Gordon averaged 17.3 points on 13.7 shots, plus 8.8 rebounds, 5.9 assists (with only 1.8 turnovers) and a combined 2.2 steals-plus-blocks.