This article is part of our Soccer Picks series.
Before we dive into the Week 2 picks, here are the results from last weekend:
|To Win||ML||To Win|
|DC v. COL||1-2||Draw +270||-$10.00||Over -180||$5.56||Draw +270||-$10.00||Under +140||-$10.00|
|MTL v. NER||2-1||NER +235||-$10.00||Over -141||$7.09||NER +235||-$10.00||Over-141||$7.09|
|HOU v. LAG||1-1||Draw +260||$26.00||Over -180||-$10.00||Draw +260||$26.00||Under +140||$14.00|
|SJ v. TOR||2-2||SJ +102||-$10.00||Over -177||$5.65||SJ +102||-$10.00||Under +138||-$10.00|
|DAL v. PHI||2-0||Draw +260||-$10.00||Under +112||$11.20||Draw +260||-$10.00||Under +112||$11.20|
|ORL v. RSL||0-0||ORL -106||-$10.00||Under -148||$6.76||ORL -106||-$10.00||Under -148||$6.76|
|NSH v. ATL||1-2||ATL +113||$11.30||Under +116||-$10.00||ATL +113||$11.30||Under +116||-$10.00|
|VAN v. SKC||1-3||VAN +230||-$10.00||Under +125||-$10.00||VAN +230||-$10.00||Under +125||-$10.00|
|CLB v. NYC||1-0||Draw +245||-$10.00||Under +105||$10.50||CLB +120||$12.00||Over -134||-$10.00|
|NYRB v. FCC||3-2||NYRB -385||$2.60||Over -215||$4.65||Draw +450||-$10.00||Under +165||-$10.00|
|SEA v. CHI||2-1||SEA +100||$10.00||Under +125||-$10.00||CHI +265||-$10.00||Over -159||$6.29|
|LAFC v. MIA||1-0||LAFC -250||$4.00||Over -278||-$10.00||LAFC -250||$4.00||Over -278||-$10.00|
|POR v. MIN||1-3||Draw +260||-$10.00||Over -167||$5.68||Draw +260||-$10.00||Over -167||$5.99|
It's important to remember that Schuyler and JD are choosing which bets they like the most and not necessarily just picking winners. For example, JD said he thought the Red Bulls would beat FC Cincinnati, but betting them at -420 wasn't as good a bet as the draw at +460. Remember, the odds matter more than what you think is going to happen.
- Totals for Week 1
- Redpath $260.00 in, $240.99 out
- Bazzo $260.00 in, $204.63 out
Bazzo Best Bets Review
- New England Revolution to win (+230 FD, +235 DK): Loss
- Columbus Crew to win (+120 FD, +120 DK): Win
- Atlanta United to win (+110 FD, +113 DK): Win
- New England to win at least one half (+108 DK): Loss
- Real Salt Lake to score under 0.5 goals (+225 DK): Win
- Pity Martinez first goal (+700 DK): Loss
Redpath Best Bets Review
- Atlanta United to win (+113 DK): Win
- Orlando City to win (-106 DK): Loss
- LAFC v. MIA over 2.5 goals (-278 DK): Loss
- New England Revolution +1 at Montreal Impact (-130 FD): Push
- Vancouver Whitecaps +1 v. Sporting KC (-145 FD): Loss
And now onto the Week 2 picks:
|NER v. CHI||NER -103||Over -162||Draw +260||Over -162||-105||+260||+230||-162||+134||-103||+270||+245||-175||+133|
|RSL v. NYRB||NYRB +195||Under +104||NYRB +195||Under +104||+125||+230||+190||-128||+104||+133||+240||+195||-132||+104|
|DAL v. MTL||DAL -167||Over -150||DAL -180||Under +124||-180||+290||+430||-150||+124||-167||+280||+460||-152||+120|
|DC v. MIA||DC +114||Over -144||Draw +240||Under +118||+110||+240||+210||-144||+118||+114||+250||+225||-150||+118|
|TOR v. NYC||TOR -124||Over -166||TOR -124||Under +136||-130||+270||+300||-166||+136||-124||+265||+320||-162||+128|
|ATL v. FCC||Draw +400||Over -230||FCC +650||Under +184||-310||+400||+650||-230||+184||-265||+390||+650||-230||+175|
|SJ v. MIN||Draw +290||Over -172||MIN +290||Over -172||-130||+280||+290||-172||+140||-129||+290||+310||-182||+143|
|SKC v. HOU||Draw +300||Over -170||SKC -180||Over -170||-180||+300||+400||-170||+140||-159||+300||+400||-186||+143|
|COL v. ORL||COL -134||Under +112||COL -134||Under +112||-140||+260||+240||-138||+112||-134||+265||+370||-141||+112|
|LA v. VAN||LA -305||Over -270|
|SEA v. CLB||Draw +280||Under +108||SEA -165||Over -132||-165||+280||+400||-132||+108||-155||+265||+440||-148||+115|
|POR v. NSH||POR -230||Over -162||POR -230||Under +134||-260||+350||+550||-162||+134||-230||+330||+650||-162||+128|
|LAFC v. PHI||LAFC -235||Over -225||PHI +550||Under +182||-270||+380||+550||-225||+182||-235||+360||+575||-230||+175|
NER v. CHI over, NYRB win and under, DAL win, TOR win, SJ v. MIN over, SKC v. HOU over, COL win and under, LA win and over, POR win
Bazzo Best Bets
- New York Red Bulls to win (+195 DK): If Aaron Long returns to the lineup, the Red Bulls inarguably have a better defense than Orlando, who just shut RSL out. Their attack probably won't find three goals again this week, but I like these odds for a superior team to win on the road.
- Colorado Rapids to win (-134 DK): The Rapids went into DC and got three points, largely due to their noticeable fitness advantage over United. Their set piece game is likely the best in the league, and at altitude, I think they're a great bet to outscore an Orlando side without Nani that couldn't find a goal at home last week.
- D.C. United v. Inter Miami under 2.5 goals (+118 DK and FD): I like the under in the game above, too, but let's pick a different match. DC are currently ill-equiped to deal with Miami's high pressure defense, but Miami aren't yet ready to score in droves either. I see a hard fought draw with few goals coming, but these odds also give us room for a 2-0 win from either middling team.
- San Jose Earthquakes v. Minnesota United over 10.5 corners (-103 on DK): These two teams play fast, try to get their wingers to the endline for crossing opportunities, and also aren't afraid to shoot from distance. All of this is conducive to earning corner kicks.
- Atlanta United to win and under 3.5 goals (+160 DK): With an upcoming CCL match and no Josef Martinez, Atlanta should be happy to grab a goal or two and then see the game out with conservative possession. I wouldn't be too concerned about Cincy's involvement in last week's five-goal match.
- New England Revolution and Chicago Fire to both score (-192 FD): Both of these teams have better attacks than they do defenses. Chicago's midfield was good enough in Seattle last week that I think they find at least one goal on the road. New England's front three are dangerous, too, even if Carles Gil misses another match.
Redpath Best Bets
- DC v. MIA Over 2.5 (-144 DK): Despite being shutout in their inaugural MLS game, Miami's attack looks ready to put up some goals after peppering LAFC with 16 shots. Expect another back-and-forth affair in D.C.
- LAFC v. PHI Over 2.5 (-225): LAFC and Miami combined for 37 shots in their season opener, including 16 on target, yet had just one goal to show for it thanks to some phenomenal goalkeeping. With both teams boasting some serious firepower, I wouldn't shy away from tacking the over 2.5 onto a parlay.
- FC Dallas to win (-167 DK): FC Dallas are in prime position to make it two straight wins to start the season with a cushy home game against Montreal. It would be no surprise to see the Impact rest some key players with their focus on Tuesday's CCL quarterfinal.
- FC Cincinnati +1.5 at ATL (-150 DK): Cincinnati showed some grit in a 3-2 loss at Red Bull New York to start the season. They're in a sneaky good spot to go into Atlanta and steal a result from a team that just lost their star striker for the season, and one that could be saving some energy for a more important CCL quarterfinal game on Wednesday.
- Reto Ziegler anytime goal (+750 FD): Yes, Ziegler is a center-back, but I like this spot given his assumed role on penalty kicks and free kicks.